Wednesday 6 November 2013

Little White Lies 50th edition

Puck Collective were invited to illustrate a series of articles in the 50th edition of the excellent Little White Lies film magazine and I was chosen to illustrate a piece about 'Good Bye, Dragon Inn'.  The best bit of the commission [of many best bits] was that the piece was written by the director of 'Two-Lane Blacktop' director Monte Hellman of which I'm a big fan. 

'Good Bye, Dragon Inn' is a strange and beautiful film with a haunting nostalgia that I wanted to capture in the illustration.  I won't say much more than that as I don't want to give anything away but it's well worth watching.  There's going to be an exhibition of all the artwork from the magazine soon at Gallery 71a; I've seen some of the other Puck contributions and they're fantastic so I suggest you pick up the magazine as soon as you can.







No comments: