Sunday 3 March 2013

Jake and Sophie

My friends Jake Blanchard and Sophie Cooper asked me to play some records at their leaving London do last night in Ryan's Bar, Stoke Newington.  So I did.  And it was awesome.  And as I'm anally retentive I've decided to put the songs I played here for posterity.

I'm available for weddings, Bar Mitzvahs, funerals, divorce proceedings, difficult labors, seances and children's parties. 
  
Captain Beefheart - Electricity
Manfred Mann - One Way Glass
The United States of America - The Garden of Earthly Delights
The Rattles - The Witch
Aphrodite's Child - Air
Jeff Britton and the Spitfires - Rub Out
Marsha Hunt - (Oh No! Not) The Beast Day
Goat - Goatman
Tame Impala - Solitude is Bliss
Akron Family - Ed is a Portal
East of Eden - Jig-a-Jig
Jonathan Richman and the Modern Lovers - Egyptian Reggae
Jacques Dutronc - On Nous Cache Tout, On Nous Dit Rien
The Headcoatees - Have Love Will Travel
The Golden Cups - Hey Joe
Clarence 'Frogman' Henry - Ain't Got No Home
Steppenwolf - Magic Carpet Ride

BREAK

Cozy Powell - And There Was Skin (TWICE OBVS)
Os Mutantes - A Minha Menina
Pink Floyd - Lucifer Sam
Patchwork - Laughing Sam (On The Phone)
Kraftewerk - Vom Himmel Hoch
Amon Duul II - Archangel Thunderbird
Can - I'm So Green
The United States of America - Coming Down
Julie Driscoll, Brian Auger and the Trinity - Indian Rope Man
Mandingo - Medicine Man
Chubby Checker - Gypsy
The Honeycombs - Can't Get Through To You
Jacques Dutronc - Sur Une Nappe De Restaurant
Captain Beefheart - Big Eyed Beans From Venus
Fairport Convention - I'll Keep It With Mine

Godspeed Jake and Sophie - I'm gonna miss you guys a LOT. 

1 comment:

anders said...

You should record these mixes and stick them on mixcloud.