Monday 2 April 2012

'George Bailey' illustration

For this illustration I couldn't make up my mind whether to draw Jimmy Stewart as George Bailey in 'It's a Wonderful Life' or as Elwood P. Dowd in 'Harvey'. Both terrific films but I eventually settled on George Bailey emphasising just how big his travel suitcase need be.

George Bailey: "You know what the three most exciting sounds in the world are?"
Uncle Billy: "Uh huh. Breakfast is served, lunch is served, dinner..."
George: "No, no, no, no! Anchor chains, plane motors, and train whistles!"
I'm going to include my favourite quote from Harvey as well though as it's one I'm very fond of;
"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, "In this world, Elwood, you must be" - she always called me Elwood - "In this world, Elwood you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

he's my favorite. Nobody wants to be around me at Christmas because I have "It's a Wonderful Life" memorized. I love this illustration!