Friday 9 March 2012

'Thar She Blows' print

As promised my new screen-print 'Thar She Blows' is now available in my shop. The illustration is inspired by Herman Melville's classic novel 'Moby Dick' done in collaboration with Fourbeat Walk last year promoting local libraries.

Hand-pulled by me in my lo-fi print studio it's a two colour screen-print on heavyweight paper in a limited run of 44. There are tiny variations between each print but I tend to think that's part of the charm of screen-prints.

I'm running a competition to win a print as well. Either leave a comment below or find me on twitter and follow the retweet instructions there and I'll pick a winner on Monday.

UPDATE: The winner was Katy May via Twitter.

7 comments:

linea said...

Tis lovely, Matt

Mark Jasper said...

Nice work

sonja said...

Love it!

anders said...

If you ever make it up to Glasgow I will take you for a Thar She Blows sandwich.

JC said...

This is wonderful! Just finished reading Moby Dick for the first time, and I love the way this perfectly captures the way the book comes alive.

Spunktrumpet said...

All that most maddens and torments; all that stirs up the lees of things; all truth with malice in it; all that cracks the sinews and cakes the brain; all the subtle demonisms of life and thought; all evil, to crazy Ahab, were visibly personified, and made practically assailable in Moby Dick. He piled upon the whale’s white hump the sum of all the general rage and hate felt by his whole race from Adam down; and then, as if his chest had been a mortar, he burst his hot heart’s shell upon it.

Mat Pringle said...

Thanks for all your comments - the winner was Katy May via Twitter!