Sunday 31 May 2009

'My Home is the Sea' Third Print

Typically of me this print is a week late due to screen-printing complications - exposing your image so close to the edge of the screen is always a bad move and yet I still seem to do it with alarming frequency in a bid to save time and squeeze as much onto a screen as possible. So some elaborate printing techniques later (and with surprising success I may add) I have the final batch of 30 prints. It changed somewhat from the initial painting - the one tentacle seemed a bit weak compared to the shark and the fisherman so I ended up doing an entire new painting.

So here it is - the collection will be going on sale this week and as I mentioned before there's no framing or anything like that involved thank goodness. 'Epic Octopus Attack' was just too much fiddly work...

In other news I've got some very exciting projects coming up providing illustrations for some record labels which for me as a self-confessed record nerd is going to be a lot of fun so watch this space. Oh and I have sunburn.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it me or is one of the framed prints in the background a bit wonky? Mine are all like that too.

Mat Pringle said...

It is a wee bit off - bugs guests (and bloggers alike apparently) though I'm immune to it's annoyances....

Anonymous said...

Yes, I had to fix one of my posters recently when someone came round. To be fair it was upside down and had been that way for several months.

xenmate said...

Hey Mat, when are the prints going on sale?

They look great...

Ta!