Saturday 21 March 2009

Laura Jordan

In 2007 when I finished my studies at the London College of Communication when all the students had their final year shows on I stumbled upon Laura Jordan's illustration and was instantly taken with it. That said I was too drunk to make a note of her name or anything sensible like that so I was very happy a few weeks ago when I discovered she was selling prints at Spitalfiled's Backyard Market off of Brick Lane. We bought the 'Best kebab in town' print for a tenner and were reliably informed the kebab shop was located on Kingsland Road. I haven't experienced it's culinary delights as yet - a recent newspaper article which highlighted the amount of fat/salt/shit present in your average kebab frightened me off them for good. Or until I'm next drunk/hungry/skinted at least.

No comments: